thecrump

Living for Eternity

6:37 AM

WHY? #1

Posted by thecrump |

Have you ever seen a picture, advertising, or commercial and wondered...WHY?  Maybe it was just bad or maybe the image had no real correlation to what the product was.  Well, I am starting a new series that is not real profound but could be fun.  It's called, "Why?"  Whenever I see one of these things I'm going to capture it and post it.  If you see something that makes you say "WHY?" then feel free to add to the fun.

WHY? #1

Ok, so I was driving in this morning half asleep when I realized I needed some gas.  I pulled over to my usual fueling facility and began to pump my car full of sweet unleaded.  It's then that I saw something that I had seen a million times but in my zombie like state it caught me as odd.

At first this may seem like nothing, but think for a second.  What does a mother holding up her child and laughing have to do with fuel.  

I mean, besides rich saudi kings laughing at us for buying all their overpriced oil - I do not know many mothers who can't wait to get to the gas station so they can play with their small children.  If anything, my mom had us roll up the windows and hold our breathe so the fumes would not melt our insides (or so I thought).  

I know this sweet silhouette is probably meant to make me want to be a better dad or something but come one...it's on a gas station pump.  It is covered with fuel and it smells.  My thoughts while pumping gas are not, "I would love to have a kodak moment with my kids right now", but rather "those kids better not unbuckle their seats jump in the front seat and hit the gas again!"

So I guess I would have to ask my friends at Quality Plus...WHY?







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on any of my posts. Just make sure you don't take the Lord's name in vain or use foul language. If you do then your comment will be deleted. Thanks.

Subscribe