thecrump

Living for Eternity

It's been awhile (3 years to be exact) since I last wrote on this blog, but I figured this may be a good time to start back.  A lot has changed since my last post and one day I will update the blog with all those fun details, but not today.  

Today I find myself sitting here at my computer because I am determined to change some things.  They may be small things but small things add up to big things and I desire big changes.  Like my pastor, DAvid McGee, says, "Change your day, change your life; change your life, change the world; change the world or leave no evidence you were ever here."  These are potent words and they have inspired me to begin pushing further into all that God has for me.

You see, yesterday Amy (that's my wife) and I decided to embark again on the adventure of working out.  We got the membership to Planet Fitness and now I'm up at the crack of dawn preparing for my first workout. That, in itself, would be a nice change but there is more.

You see, I desire to fine tune my spiritual disciplines as much as a need to work on my physical disciplines.  This morning as I ate my yogurt and granola I also spent time digested God's Word.  While I take time each day to read the Bible, often I find it is in rushed segments of my day rather than well thought out time periods where I can take time to reflect (and even write about it).  It's time to change that.  Are you with me?

Now, the first day is always the easiest because you're excited about the new adventure.  Like a kid on your first of school you like you new books, pens, notebooks and clothes but by the end of the week you are ready for Summer.  This is where the discipline comes into things.  Paul writes about it this way:

And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. 26 Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. 27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified. 1 Corinthians 9:25-27

So, on this early Wednesday morning I open God's Word and pray that He will speak to me and continue to empower me to live for Him daily.  This is my desire because He is worthy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on any of my posts. Just make sure you don't take the Lord's name in vain or use foul language. If you do then your comment will be deleted. Thanks.

Subscribe