thecrump

Living for Eternity

6:55 AM

Why I'm a Bonehead

Posted by thecrump |

Ok, so yesterday I was going to a meeting with a friend of mine at his church.  I am working on a website for him and was all geared up to talk to him about it.  My mind was filled with design thoughts, css, html and flash graphics spinning in my head as I hopped in the car for the trek to his church.


I left work and drove to his church, get out of the car and go inside to be greeted by a very nice guy in the office.  He says I can have a seat and then asks what he can do for me. Here is the conversation as follows: 

Me: "I'm here to meet with Russ."

Nice Guy: "Russ?"

(insert awkward pause)

Nice Guy: "Oh Russ...he hasn't pastored here in three years."

(more awkward silence and my face turning bright red)

The conversation ended with me apologizing over and over again until I think he was ready to beat me with his churches VBS kit (and those things are huge).  Fortunately he was a very nice guy (couldn't you tell) and said he may even get in touch with me for some web work (praise the Lord!). 

I left that church completely humbled and drove to Greensboro to Russ' current church where I had a great time fellow-shipping and discussing web stuff with a great brother in Christ.

So what's the moral of the story.  

I think it's "Don't be like Mike"  or maybe "If you're like Mike don't use heavy machinery".  Either one of those would work in this situation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on any of my posts. Just make sure you don't take the Lord's name in vain or use foul language. If you do then your comment will be deleted. Thanks.

Subscribe